Photographs must have been taken between January 1 – December 31, 2022
Entry Form and Photographs must be received no later than January 13, 2023
Description of Contest:
ARMY AVIATION Magazine announces its annual photography contest. Awards will be given to the best photographic works reflecting an Army Aviation Subject or Theme. Photos are welcome in the following categories:
- Rotary Wing
- Fixed Wing
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Air Traffic Services (ATS)
- People – Human Interest
Contest is open to Army Aviation Association of America (AAAA) members. Twelve cash prizes will be awarded following the 2023 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit:
1st Prize — $500
2nd Prize — $300
3rd Prize — $200
4th Prize — $100
8 Honorable Mentions — $50 each.
- Contestants must be current AAAA members in good standing at time of entry and through the annual national Summit period (April 2023). Persons who are not AAAA members may participate by joining AAAA and must submit a paid membership application with their entry. Contest is open to all AAAA members of the military, government, industry and private sector.
- Entries may be color, black and white or sepia tone digital format images. Hard copy prints, 35mm slides and negatives will not be accepted.
- Digital photos must be in horizontal or “landscape” format only. Vertical or “Portrait” format are not useable.
- Photos must be in the highest resolution possible. If using a camera phone, save as ‘actual size’ before sending. Digital photos must have a minimum image size of 3000 x 2400 or larger.
- Contestants are limited to three (3) entries and the entry must be the original work of the contestant. Entries will not be returned.
- Composite graphic images and manipulated artwork are not eligible.
- Photographs must have been taken on or after January 1, 2022 during the 2022 calendar year. Entries must be received by AAPI not later than January 13, 2023. All embedded digital imagery information data files will be checked to verify the date the picture was taken. Digital photographs submitted with deleted or altered data files will be disqualified. We strongly encourage photographers to ensure they correctly program their digital cameras for correct DATE & TIME settings.
- Photographs will be judged based on photographic quality, composition and subject matter reflecting an Army aviation theme.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form with all requested information provided. Entry forms are available on armyaviationmagazine.com or may be requested by email: email@example.com
- Entries must not have been published in any commercial advertising or for profit publications or websites or for any other professional purpose. Evidence of prior publication will disqualify entry. Exceptions may be granted for military command information publications.
- Entries which are winners in other photography contests will be disqualified.
- Entries as digital photographs on CD-ROM, may be mailed to: AAPI; Attn: Photo Contest; 593 Main Street, Monroe, CT 06468-2806.
- Photographs embedded in Word documents, PowerPoint slides, PDF files, or other software document products will not be accepted.
- Winners will be notified in writing by mail in April 2023. Winners must provide their social security number for IRS tax notification in order to receive prize money totaling $500 or more.
- Winning photographs will be posted online and used in ARMY AVIATION Magazine, calendars and other publications.
- Employees of Army Aviation Publications, Inc. and their family members are not eligible.
- Contact AAPI for more information 203-268-2450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any fraudulent information, act or photography will disqualify the contestant.