Terms & Regulations
Published monthly except for two combined issues: April/May and August/September. Orders must be received by our advertising department by the closing date.The publisher will provide a sworn statement of circulation on request. Refer to SRDS Business Media Advertising Source – Classification: Military and Naval.
- The term “publisher” shall refer to Army Aviation Publications, Inc. (AAPI).
- All insertion orders are accepted subject to provisions of our current rate card. Rates are subject to change upon notice from the publisher.
- Advertisements are accepted upon the representation that the advertiser and its agency have the right to publish the contents thereof. In consideration of such publication, advertiser and agency agree to indemnify and hold publisher harmless against any expense or loss by reasons of any claims arising out of publication.
- All contents of advertisements are subject to publisher’s approval. Publisher reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement, insertion order, space reservation, or position commitment at any time without cause. Publisher reserves the right to insert the word “advertisement” above or below any copy.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher except where a request for a specific preferred position is acknowledged by the publisher in writing.
- Publisher is not liable for delays in delivery and/or non-delivery in the event of Act of God, action by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes, whether legal or illegal, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow down, or any condition beyond the control of publisher affecting production or delivery in any manner.
- Publisher shall have the right to hold advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for monies due and payable to the publisher for advertising which advertiser or its agent ordered and which advertising was published.
- Payment for advertising in advance is required for new advertisers and/or agencies and for advertisers whose principal place of business resides outside the Continental United States.
- Billing directed to the advertising agency at the net rate is approved on condition that the advertiser accepts dual responsibility for payment if its agency does not remit within 90 days. Should the advertiser prefer direct billing, this bill will be at the net rate on space placed and serviced by an agency, and the advertiser is responsible for remitting 15% earned commission to its agency.
- Publisher shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason it fails to publish an advertisement. The publisher’s liability for any error will not exceed the cost of the space occupied by the error.
- Publisher shall not have liability for errors in key numbers, or advertiser’s index.
- Conditions other than rates subject to change without notice.
- No condition other than those in rate card shall be binding unless specifically agreed to in writing by the publisher. Publisher will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on insertion orders, order blanks or copy instructions.
Guaranteed positions, including centerfold must be requested and acknowledged in writing by the publisher.
Frequency discounts are earned on the basis of the number of pages of advertising placed within the 12-month calendar year. Discounts are allowed as contracted; otherwise, discounts are given as earned. Advertisers will be short rated if they do not earn their contracted frequency rate during the year and will be rebated if they earn a higher frequency rate.
Commission and Terms
A 15% agency commission on gross space, color, and position will be permitted to recognized advertising agencies if account is current and invoice is paid within 30 days from the invoice date. Production charges are non-commissionable.
A 2% discount will given on advertising space invoices that are paid in full within 10 days of the invoice date.
A 2% monthly interest charge will be assessed on all accounts over 30 days. Any and all expenses incurred in collecting delinquent accounts shall be included in resultant judgements. Advertising agencies are fully responsible for payments of all advertisements ordered by them.
Advertisers/agencies are responsible for deducting commissions at time of remittance. Payment in U.S. currency.
Supplied inserts will be charged at regular black and white rates plus additional production charges incurred.
Cancellation of space contracts/order revisions may be granted by the publisher in writing, upon written notice from the advertiser or its agency 30 days prior to insertion order deadline.
Cancellation of contracts for Cover II and Cover III may be granted by publisher upon written notice from advertiser or agency 120 days prior to insertion order deadline; contracts for Cover I and Cover IV are non-cancellable.
Ads cancelled after insertion order closing date will be billed for full-price of space reserved. The publisher reserves the right to cancel any contract at any time for non-payment. The publisher shall have the right to reject any advertising at any time.